New body style GEM vehicles (late 2016 and newer) feature a clock located in the Rider Information Center portion, pictured above, of the instrument cluster. The Rider Information Center can be adjusted using the MODE button, located on the gauge as shown below.
This area of the gauge displays the clock, odometer, trip meter, state of charge (SOC), range meter, efficiency rate (EFF) or any existing fault codes or warning messages. The clock can be displayed in either a 12-hour or 24-hour format.
To choose between the two:
1. Turn the key to the OFF position.
2. Press and hold the MODE button while turning the key to the ON position.
3. When the display flashes the distance setting, tap the MODE button to advance to the desired setting.
4. Press and hold the MODE button to save the setting and advance to the next display option.
5. Repeat the procedure to change the remaining display options.
To exit the set-up mode, turn the key off. Wait 5 seconds and then turn the key on. The gauge displays the mode that was displayed prior to setting the units.
The clock must be reset any time the batteries have been disconnected or fully discharged. To set the clock:
1. Turn the key to the ON position. Use the MODE button to toggle to the clock display.
2. Press and hold the MODE button until the hour segment flashes. Release the button.
3. With the segment flashing, tap the MODE button to advance to the desired setting.
4. Press and hold the MODE button until the next segment flashes. Release the button.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 twice to set the 10-minute and 1-minute segments. After completing the 1-minute segment, step 4 will save the new settings and exit the clock mode.
6. Turn the key to the OFF position.
For more information on your GEM instrument cluster, consult your Owner’s Manual.
Find a GEM Dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
View diagrams and find replacement parts with the online parts catalog.