VIDEO: Pre-Ride Inspection
Check these items before operating your model year 2016-18 GEM® e2, e4, e6 or eL XD vehicle.
Before driving your GEM inspect the following:
- Ensure the accelerator, brake system and pedal operate properly.
- Make sure the brake fluid is at the proper level.
- Check the indicator lights and switches for proper operation.
- Ensure the headlamp, brake light, tail lamp and turn signals are functioning.
- Adjust the mirrors for proper side and rear view.
- Ensure the horn is operating.
- Check the length of the seat belt for damage and inspect the latches for proper operation.
- Make sure the steering wheel operates freely.
- Inspect the condition and pressure of the tires.
- Ensure the latches are secure on the doors, seats and accessories.
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged. Ensure flooded batteries have the proper water levels.
- Check the battery cables for proper routing and secure connections.
- Examine the wheels and fasteners. Make sure the fasteners are tight.
For more details on pre-ride inspection procedures, consult your Owner's Manual. Click here to view your Owner's Manual.