VIDEO: Pre-Ride Inspection
Check these items before operating your model year 2016 to present GEM e2, e4, e6 or eL XD vehicle.
Before driving your GEM inspect the following:
- Ensure the accelerator, brake system and pedal operate properly.
- Make sure the brake fluid is at the proper level.
- Check the indicator lights and switches for proper operation.
- Ensure the headlamp, brake light, tail lamp and turn signals are functioning.
- Adjust the mirrors for proper side and rear view.
- Ensure the horn is operating.
- Check the length of the seat belt for damage and inspect the latches for proper operation.
- Make sure the steering wheel operates freely.
- Inspect the condition and pressure of the tires.
- Ensure the latches are secure on the doors, seats and accessories.
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged. Ensure flooded batteries have the proper water levels.
- Check the battery cables for proper routing and secure connections.
- Examine the wheels and fasteners. Make sure the fasteners are tight.
For more information, see your authorized GEM Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.